School Program Communication
Approach to School Year Programs
We will continue to update this page with the most current information regarding this upcoming school year programs.
As it is every year, our camper’s and staff’s health and safety are the top priority. We know additional mitigation protocols will need to be in place to best reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Our team is continuing to work diligently to put together an operation plan for our upcoming season.
All camp procedures and protocols will be developed using the guidance from the American Camp Association, as well as State and local health department.
So that we may provide the best experience to our clients:
- AstroCamp staff are vaccinated* and are tested weekly.
- Ventilation has been increased where possible.
- All schools will be assigned specific restrooms during their stay.
- High traffic areas are cleaned and disinfected multiple times daily using electrostatic sprayers.
- Classes will be taught outside whenever possible (weather permitting).
- Each school will have indoor and outdoor seating (weather permitting) to reduce volume in our dining halls.
- Schools will be required to conduct daily Covid-19 symptom screening and temperature checks or equivalent, as required by state or county mandates.
- The total number of campers allowed may be adjusted to meet state or county requirements.
- Free time will be scheduled to help ensure schools interact as little as possible.
- We will enforce masks mandates if they are in place during your trip.
- Great effort will be made to schedule schools so that research groups from different schools do not interact with one another.
- We may be required to limit the program options based on enforced restrictions.
*Unless staff qualify for a medical or religious exemption
Information from the State and our local health department are rapidly changing so we appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters.